Katya Robin is an artist working between drawing and painting to make visual reportage of everyday life. Her work is noted for poignant observations and her incisive gestural line.
She did a Painting B.A. at St Martin’s ( 1986), and a Fine Art M.A. at Sheffield Hallam (2014). She did further postgraduate study in painting with Turps Art School, and has been supported by Arts Council England.
- Katya was selected for Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize 2019 at The Chainstore in London, toured to Salisbury Museum, and Leicester University
- and PAINT!2019 at PS Mirabel, Manchester.
- Katya presented her work at Drawing Lockdown Symposium 1
- and contributed to publications by Drawn Together Collective, Drawing Correspondence, Drawing is Free, and Pencils 4 Tea, and reviews for Graphic Medicine.
- She also makes artist’s books, which are held in specialist collections in the UK, EU and USA
- and has also been part of the Prosaic curatorial group.